Friday, June 3, 2011

On Brain Eaters and Heartfelt Moments

 

In the hustle and bustle of city streets, one barely notices the beauty of

          a blooming flower on the cold pavement

          a simple smile from a passing stranger

          a thousand colors blending with perfection in the morning sky.

People move through life as fast as the messages that they send these days, focusing on the destination instead of the wondrous journey of life itself. We’re pretty much like those zombies that walk menacingly across someone’s lawn, yelling their bucket-topped heads off with “BRAIIINZZ”! We see too many things with our own eyes, but we fail to appreciate their existence. What would it take to make people look up and cherish the majestic formation of clouds beneath the towering skyscrapers? What would peel our hungry eyes off those cholesterol-rich brains that make us go nuts? Perhaps if the world stopped even for just a while, then maybe we would learn to slow down and see things in a different light. Pause the game, and minimize that “Plants vs. Zombies” window.

I have always marveled at the power of photography to stop the world as it captures one perfect moment in time. It’s quite like what happens to those little garden creatures when humans are around. Remember Gnomeo and Juliet? Well, not THAT literal. It’s as if one picture has its own magic to preserve all that there is to treasure – emotions and memories – in that one moment. Photography has captured my heart, and I wanted to inspire people with the beauty that I have seen in moments that were frozen in time with a camera.

Being a photographer and a student for almost four years now, I’ve learned how to juggle my academic studies and my passion (albeit zombie duties). Whenever I want to share photos that I’ve taken with my camera, I usually upload them in social networking sites if I’m not busy. My friends usually hit “Like” on every photo, but I guess it could mean a thousand random things. Sometimes, there are photos that I would want to share with my friends in an instant, but I can’t do it unless I’m at home with my computer.

When I’ve found out about Blackberry Messenger, one of the features that I’ve really loved about it is that I can share my photos with my friends and my contacts. Imagine that with just a few clicks, I am able to reconnect with friends, put their own busy worlds on hold, and inspire them to see the beauty of the world. 

It’s also fulfilling to know that my friends take a break from eating Peashooters and wreaking havoc around town, because BBM confirms if they have received and read my messages.

With BBM, I am able to share the magic that I’ve found in photos and touch their lives in an instant. 

Perfect moments do not always happen when you have a camera with you. Life tends to surprise us in so many unexpected ways, and it’s best to share these moments with the people that we cherish. With Blackberry Messenger, everything is possible.

To this zombie-infested world, we are zombies no more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

watcha think?